As parents, we believe that children should be safe online. Children should be well-equipped to deal with serious digital issues, such as cyberbullying, inappropriate content and the dangers of social media. We believe that everyone should have a choice about their own data privacy, control and ownership.
Through education, we want to equip parents and teachers with the knowledge and tools to protect children online. We want to empower children to make smart decisions to protect themselves online.
We have designed a range of educational seminars and workshops that cater for kids, parents and teachers of all technical proficiencies, to empower them with the knowledge and tools to tackle the digital issues facing Internet users today.
We are also currently developing an app to help parents discretely and easily oversee their child’s introduction to online communication.
The Team Behind Zeeko
Joe Kenny – Founder and CEO
“My wife, Linda and myself believe the internet is a fantastic resource for children. Equally we believe that children should be safe online. We do not agree with the negativity created in young peoples’ lives due to the internet. We have committed two years of our lives and a substantial amount of our own money to bring about change through education. Each week we are getting more support. Enterprise Ireland has recently invested in Zeeko. We believe there is a better way and we need your help to make this change.”
Davina Brady – Seminar Presenter
M.A. Psychotherapy and Counselling, Bsc. Psychology and Criminology, Dip. Social Science
7 years experience working with young people from the age of 5 to 18 in the educational, community and justice sectors
Passion for digital safety comes from seeing the challenges and benefits of the internet within our society
Interest in researching physiological effects screens are having on people today.
Ursula Frawley – Seminar Presenter
- Mother of 4 children aged 12, 10, 7 and 5.
- BA in Psychology and Social Sciences.
- 10 years of Human Resources experience in the IT sector and over 5 years running her own business working with families all over Ireland to find suitable childcare.
- Founder of ‘Connect’ in Scoil Treasa NS which runs workshops, along with the school children, providing technology training for older adults.
- 2 years as a member of the Board of Management of Scoil Carmel National School.
James Moroney – Seminar Presenter
- BA in Applied Psychology from University College Cork
- PhD Researcher in Psychology in University College Cork
- Lecturer and Tutor in University College Cork
- Works with AWARE in Secondary Schools
- 10 years experience teaching and working with children and adolescents from Irish College to various Child Organisations
Michelle Scanlan – Communications Manager
- B.A. in Journalism from the School of Communications in DCU Michelle has worked in communications roles for a number of national organisations and in the public sector
- Michelle is also a qualified Montessori Teacher, having studied for a HDip. in Montessori Education